1: Take a picture of your workspace
12: Favorite thing to draw / wittyandcharming's Hex, let's be real
13: Least favorite thing to draw / animals still kind of elude me
14: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now / I’ve been in pjs all day whatevs
3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a “doodle” it is / Comic thumbnails, lord have mercy7: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand / Lookin’ good, Hari
11: Do you listen to music when you draw?
Usually, yes. Degree of ridiculousness is directly proportional to how much work I need to get done, but mostly it’s a lot of electronic/folk/film soundtracks.
4: Lineart or coloring?
Lineart is the bane of my existence, man, I don’t have the patience for it. I like the look of illustrations with minimal lines because I did a ton of vector work in college and like to concentrate on shapes/overall simplicity, but I won’t deny that part of that preference is due to my ultimate hatred of spending 8 years trying to get lineart to not look static and gross.
15. Any weird artist behaviour you admit doing?
I flip the canvas A LOT. Like, constantly. I set that shit to the H key in manga studio and basically lay on it the entire time I’m drawing. It’s a control thing, I guess — it’s easier to draw smooth lines in certain directions, so I flip the canvas instead of contort my wrist.
cleaning up some work doodles
is friday knights still a thing? here’s a lady in armor.
wanted to draw something that wasn’t knights, horses, or knights on horses
I had some free money to spend at a print shop that I’ve ordered various work from in the past, so I now have a stack of mini prints of the Sonnet cover! They’re essentially giant postcards, printed on matte 5.5x8.25” cardstock. Rather than paper my apartment walls with knight boyfriends, I decided the best way to get rid of these things is to do a print giveaway!
- Reblog this post once to enter the drawing. You must be following sonnetcomic. Likes and additional reblogs do not count for more than one entry.
- On Wednesday, March 12, I will draw 20 names at random to receive a free mini print, signed by me and shipped to your place of residence, domestically or internationally.
Thanks for following the comic, and good luck!
Main blog rebagel. There’s a week left to get in on this action!
I told myself I would host a giveaway to thank my followers after I hit 2k so here we are!
- This is a giveaway to thank my followers so you must be following me to win!
- No giveaway blogs please.
- Likes and reblogs count as entries so you can enter up to two times!
- Deadline is March 17th at midnight PST. To win you must have your ask open so I can message you. If you do not respond to the message within 24 hours I will be selecting someone else.
- There will be two randomly selected winners!
First Place Winner:
- First place winner will receive a lined, full body/color character illustration! (Original and fan characters, please provide references)
Second Place Winner:
- Second place winner will receive a full body character sketch! (Original and fan characters, please provide references)
Good luck! Thanks for following!
A portrait of Albert’s parents, Girard and Adrienne. A few more family members will make an appearance later in the comic, but for now here are these cuties in their younger days.
Sonnet / Part III (high res)
Reblogs appreciated to help others discover the comic!
some doodles from the character meme
2, kelsey in what i wore to work today - 17, beat-up cristo - 18, tomas as a kid/adult - 4, the knight boyfriends in swimwear
today is boring floating heads day apparently
dana the paranormal boyfriends are freakin adorable
coffee break doodle of ancient OCs
frosty mermaid for @sketch_dailies